Buses only allowed up to Mambaling during Sinulog

WITH reroutings and road closures for the Sinulog grand parade this Sunday, commuters are advised that south-bound buses are allowed up to the Barangay Mambaling area only and not up to Cebu South Bus Terminal.

That, as the Sinulog Foundation Inc. (SFI) said it has ensured quality presentations by visiting even the town-based groups.

Those coming from southern Cebu to watch the Sinulog, however, will have to take another ride from Mambaling, particularly from the South Road Properties access road.

City Traffic Operations Management (Citom) Executive Officer Arnel Tancinco said buses will only be allowed up to that area to lessen traffic on N. Bacalso Ave.

Passengers, though, can still take public utility jeepneys up to the corner of V. Rama Ave.

Carousel route

Roads along the Sinulog grand parade carousel route, he said, will be closed as early as 6 a.m., and re-routings will then be implemented.

To help ease traffic, the Citom is fielding over 600 personnel, including around 400 enforcers and 100 parking aides.

Sinulog project director Dolly Suzara, meanwhile, said they noticed improvements when they monitored the performances of dancers.

“Yes there are repetitions, but it depends on how you interpret the theme; but there are innovations, like on how they go about creating the sets, the choice of costumes and their relevance to the dance,” she said.
And with the grand parade just six days away, the SFI is asking all choreographers of participating contingents to attend the final briefing this Friday on the guidelines.

Meeting

SFI executive director Ricky Ballesteros said they will also be distributing the placards identifying each contingent and reveal each group’s assembly area.

He said the meeting is meant to remind the choreographers of the guidelines, including the new rules banning dangerous stunts and the use of toddlers three years and younger.

The ban on the use of wheels, though, has already been lifted, as evidenced by props mounted on wheels during the Sinulog sa Kabataan over the weekend.

Ballesteros said they had been meeting the choreographers during workshops, but must still refresh them on the rules. (RHM/Sun.Star Cebu)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*

LISTEN: The Sinulog Beat

This text will be replaced by the flash music player.

Sponsors

Categories

Archives

Ads

Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD