Doctors, nurses to assist Sinulog parade revelers

WITH the Sinulog 2010 celebration in full swing and everybody raring to hit the streets next week, the Department of Health (DOH) 7 is taking extra measures in ensuring the safety of all revelers.

“We will be putting up a medical team from the VSMMC (Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center), the DOH and the Eversley Childs Sanitarium,” said Dr. Expedito Medalla of the DOH 7 Health Emergency Management Staff.

DOH will closely work with the Cebu Medical Society in putting up a medical booth during the Sinulog Grand Parade on Jan. 17.

Doctors, nurses and paramedics will be ready to receive emergency health cases.

With usually over a million revelers expected to hit the streets next week for the grand parade, DOH is on its toes to ensure the health and safety of everybody.

Agencies

Tomorrow, the health department will meet with other agencies involved in upholding the safety and security of the public during the grand parade to discuss various assignments.

DOH reported no serious injuries along the carousel route last year. Cases of nausea, dizziness, heat strokes and fainting were among the usual medical cases experienced during the grand parade.

Medalla said revelers should bring umbrellad or hats for covering.

Also, they must always drink water to avoid dehydration and eat an adequate amount of food to avoid fainting, he said. EPB

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*

LISTEN: The Sinulog Beat

This text will be replaced by the flash music player.

Sponsors

Categories

Archives

Ads

Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD